CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 4, 2011

Coping With Anxiety

Last night, my city held it's 4th of July celebration and it was spectacular!  Last year, I was at home, but this year was different.


Last year, I avoided everyone.  I didn't even think about being in a crowd of people, until I was invited to go to the Fair.  Anxiety didn't hit me until I got on my first ride.  This is unusual for me, because I love thrill rides.  At the Fair, I was having to coach myself to breathe!  It pretty much sucked all the fun out of the experience...


At the fireworks show, I was doing great until my parents left me by myself.  All of a sudden, I could feel the anxiety creeping up from my stomach.  It went away almost as quick as it arrived.  I don't know what happened.  I must have shot up a quick prayer or something.  I'm so glad it went away, because this was a time of celebration. I was talking to people, just like I had before I became ill.  I don't know what they put in this medicine, but it helped give me my life back!


As soon as the fireworks started I was in awe until the first big BOOM!  I almost jumped out of my skin! lol  As the show went on and the music started, I was at peace again.  Music is really therapeutic.  I think I'll keep my mp3 player around to help me cope with anxiety when I go out alone.

0 comments: